Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4/7/2009 Tuesday Cochiti Lake, NM

Wonderful day weather wise, was in the 70's.

We went and dumped tanks and cleaned them. Also got water. Came back to site and I cleaned the motor home. Al checked the oil, broke down the fishing poles and groomed the dogs.. Then we took showers.

Had supper which consisted of oatmeal, cinnamon, raisins, walnuts and soy milk.

I have some recollections that I had forgotten to put in other blogs. We have seen several signs that indicate elk crossing. I wanted to see an elk so bad that I would look into the forest and see dry branches on trees and thought they were antlers.

Another man told me that a few years ago, they introduced some type of deer to this area from Africa. They brought in 50 males and 50 females. They let them multiply so they could open up hunting for them. He said that he was able to bag one and got 250 pounds of meat from one. He said it tasted like beef but I don't know if people here know what good beef tastes like.

We saw road kill of armadillo, wild boar, rattlesnake and burro.

On the news tonight, they had to euthanize over 600 roosters that had been found in a raid where they were using them for fights. They were not suited for food because they had received medication from Mexico.

Gov Richardson just signed a bill to overthrow the death penalty. He said that he really felt the death penalty was proper but in the last few years, there 2 men on death row that had been found to be innocent and he wanted to err on the side of right. Now there are commercials by law enforcement personnel who want the death penalty reinstated because they say it makes it safer for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment