Well, we went fishing again today but no bites. That is 4th day of fishing without one bite. We used salmon eggs, worms and power bait. Even though our fishing license is good for tomorrow yet, we are going to give it up. Al talked to a man today who said he thinks the pike have eaten the game fish. He said that he used to come here all the time with his Dad and they never caught any fish. As we were leaving, 2 men and a woman came to fish. I didn't see the woman, but one man was Indian with no teeth and long hair. The other man looked like a skinny Gabby Hayes. To hear them from a distance, they sounded like Cheech and Chong. The Indian man asked me if I had any luck fishing and I told him, "No, but you know what they say, a bad day fishing is better than most other days". He said, "I don't know, I would rather make love". Al thought they were smoking peyote. They were carrying around a small canister of something.
By the way, I understand that the elder George Bush said that God did not deduct time spent fishing from a man's life. I don't think that is true but it is a nice way to put the attitude of anyone who likes to fish.
It was a beautiful day here. No wind, very warm. I actually got some sun. The weather is suppose to be good again tomorrow and then the wind comes again. I guess the wind is normal here for Spring. Then after the wind, we are suppose to get bad weather that is entering California now. So I don't know how we will be when we move on Wednesday. I think we are going to higher elevation. It is just south of Taos and they have ski resorts there. They are even forecasting some ligtt snow for the mountains. Tomorrow will be a work day for us. Have to do maintenance sometime and I will work on my drawing if there is any spare time.
No comments:
Post a Comment